Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas this year was fantastic! It was very quiet, with just me Mom, Dad and Grandma at home this year. Kristie's family came and we had our traditional ham dinner on Christmas eve. We continued our fairly new tradition of going to Ihop for Christmas breakfast with all the family that is around. This is starting to become a favorite of mine. Sunday Mark, Kammi and their boys came down and we we able to play with the boys and their Christmas presents.
I am SO grateful to have such great family to spend Christmas with. That we are able to focus on the true meaning of Christmas and enjoy spending time together.
I slept downstairs in the back bedroom where it is always shielded form the morning sunlight. I was woken up at 8 a.m. to someone stomping on the floor above me. I guess Mom or Dad were ready to open up presents. I got up and the festivities began. I was very spoiled this year. I had asked for a sewing machine so that I can make more quilts, and learn to make other things as I learn and become better at it. I was expecting a cheap one from wal-mart or somewhere just to get me started. Instead I got this..



How Spoiled am I? Very. It is so nice, and not at all the cheap one I was planning on. I have sewn a few squares for a quilt that I have had fabric for for awhile now and I can't wait to do more sewing. I'm looking forward to having a new hobby that I will be able to do whenever I have an extra hour or so to work on it. Mom and I are also going to take some classes together, which is going to be alot of fun!

Several years ago, I think it was my 16th biirtday, my parents gave me an Amber ring. I absolutely loved this ring. I always wore
and rarely took it off. My finger was indented from it. Last spring the band popped. It split right down the middle on the bottom of it. I was very sad about it and planned on taking it to a jeweler to get it fixed but just never got around to it.
I was very surpirsed on Christmas morning to find this in my stocking.



It is very similar to my first one. I haven't been that surprised by a present in a long time! I put it on and Christmas morning and haven't taken it off since. It was a wonderful Christmas and I loved being with my family.

2 comments:

Anna Linnea said...

You are a brat. Where is my sewing machine? And I have a bone to pick to Sage :) Love ya!

Leanne said...

I remember your first ring like that. looks like a cool sewing machine!!