Saturday, July 31, 2010

Island Park

Last minute road trips are the best. The monday before the fourth of July Bryant told me that his cabin in Island Park, Idaho (20 minutes outside of yellowstone), was available over the fourth. So we got everything together and headed out thursday after work.
Here is what we did...
Jumped off the bridge, I have suddenly developed a huge fear of jumping/falling of tall objects. So I almost chickened out and didn't do it. But clint grabbed me around the waist in a bear hug and jumped off with me. I wish I had a picture of it cause both bryant and Tina we amazed that Clint was still alive. He took the brunt of the fall, and there was so much wieght between the two of us that we went straight to the bottom, He scratched up his back and pulled muscles....Sorry Clint.

We also floated/almost drowned in the Henry's fork. Ok so we didn't almost drown, but we clint and I tipped our canoe and froze the rest of the way. We started floating around 8 thinking that would be a good time to see wildlife along the river, and it was, we went right past a moose and her baby. But we did not take into account that if we tipped our canoes on accident there would be no sun to warm us up. Luckily Bryant and Tina a gems and let me grab onto the rope and they towed us most of the way. Leaving Clint and I to sit in our canoe and shiver 3/4 of the way down the river.


We hiked to a really pretty lake, Shoshone Lake, I think it was called which is located in Yellowstone. We got to the beach and we were all so tired we just laid there in sun for awhile and enjoyed the peaceful sound of the water lapping up on the shore.

We went on short walks around the cabin, played games, watched movies, fireworks in West Yellowstone, made steak dinner and much more. It was a blast and i am so glad I got to go agin this year.

No comments: